[labnetwork] Engineering Position open at the Stanford Nanofabrication Facility

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 19 16:18:26 EDT 2016

Dear fellow Labnetworkers:

The SNF has an opening for a staff engineer.  If you hear of any likely
candidates, please pass this information along.

Thanks!

*
*

*Senior Applications Engineer
*

/School of Engineering, Stanford Nanofabrication Facility/

The Stanford Nanofabrication Facility (SNF) serves researchers from
other academic institutions and companies as well as Stanford.We are a
service organization providing research tools and know-how to over 400
researchers annually.More about our operation can be found on our
website (http://snf.stanford.edu <http://snf.stanford.edu/>).

We seek an experienced applications engineer who will join the senior
staff in managing research operations.The ideal candidate will have
experience in electronics fabrication and deep knowledge of the
equipment: a jack-or-jill-of-all-trades who is equally comfortable
working side-by-side with researchers as well as troubleshooting
equipment and facilities problems.

The core responsibility of this position is oversight of Direct
Patterning and Machining operations, which includes optical and
electron-beam lithography, laser-cutting, milling, 3D printing, and
supporting or related tools.Specific experience in these capabilities is
less important than keen interest in learning and teaching new
technologies, as well as a deep understanding and demonstrated ability
to apply engineering fundamentals.Responsibilities include participation
in the Incident Response Team supporting lab safety and providing local
expertise in emergency events. As training is a core function of the
SNF, keen interest in teaching as well as excellent written and oral
communication skills, are required.

For more detail and to apply online:
https://stanford.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=72544&lang=en

Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.