[labnetwork] EBeam Lithography on glass substrates

Jugessur, Aju S aju-jugessur at uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 24 12:17:16 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I would like to thank you all for responding on this issue. We have obtained several excellent suggestions that we are working on.

Thanks
Regards
Aju

On Aug 21, 2017, at 12:20 PM, Jugessur, Aju S <aju-jugessur at uiowa.edu<mailto:aju-jugessur at uiowa.edu>> wrote:

Hi,

I have a user who is having inconsistent results when exposing patterns (100-200 nm in size) on glass substrate.
He is using a 5 nm Al layer between the 100nm ZEP and glass substrate. He obtained good results but it does not seem reproducible all the times.
He is also ensuring that there is good contact between the sample clips and the metal layer. Another approach would be to place the metal on top of the resist.

He has also used the conducting polymer PDOT on ZEP but it does not seem to adhere too well. He could also be doing a step or steps consistently wrong and be unaware.

This is quite a common and established process but I would like to see if the members have any suggestions to ensure reproducible and consistent results for ebeam lithography on glass substrates.
I will provide more information/details once I receive some feedback.

Thanks,
Regards
Aju

Aju Jugessur, Ph.D.
Director, University of Iowa Microfabrication Facility (UIMF)
Optical Science and Technology Center
Professor Adjunct, Physics and Astronomy
University of Iowa
Office: IATL 202, Tel: 319-3532342
Labs: IATL 170, 172, 174
https://ostc.uiowa.edu/uimf