[labnetwork] Equipment reservation efficiencies

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jul 17 15:57:22 EDT 2017

Hi John,

Thanks very much for piping in.

You’re of course correct about my error. We’re running Badger and the equipment reservation efficiency report in question was for the period 2017-07-04 to 2017-07-13 which translates to a 10 day period rather than the 7 days I mentioned in my email. Sorry about that.

Since we’re running Badger you already know that we do have the ability to make tool-specific reservation rules. Right now, this particular tool has a 14-day reservation horizon, a 3hr maximum single reservation duration and a 12hr total reservation maximum for the 14-day horizon.  We’ve thought about tweaking these  but I was curious to hear what others in the community might be doing before heading in that direction.

Along the same lines, the good folks at Badger have recently created a new “fair play protocol” for us that reduces the total 14-day reservation horizon for a tool on a per-user basis based on their behaviour. Specifically, anyone who does not cancel an unneeded reservation within the 24 hour grace period will see their 14-day reservation horizon maximum reduced by the duration of the cancelled reservation(s). We recently rolled out this new protocol on another single tool but have not yet accumulated enough data to extract anything meaningful as of yet. Maybe this will be the way to go with the evaporator as well if we see an improvement on this other tool (e-beam litho system). Time will tell.

Thanks again for sharing your insights. Always appreciated.

Best,
Vito