[labnetwork] Checking if a furnace is Arsenic contaminated or not

Stephen Howe info at fabsurplus.com
Fri Jun 16 06:07:22 EDT 2017

Dear Labnetwork,

I need to check if a vertical furnace in Taiwan is contaminated with
Arsenic or not.
The furnace is described a P-Doped Poly configured, but a suspicion has
been raised that the furnace may have previously been used for As-Doped
Poly.

We decided the best method will be swab test and then analyse the swabs
with XRF or ICPMS.
My opinion is that this is ultimately going to be more accurate than
using a hand-held XRF gun.

Does anyone have any experience of testing a vertical furnace for such
trace contaminants ?

What I need to know is where to take the swabs. We should probably be
testing in places where contaminants are likely to accumulate during
operation of the furnace.

NB The furnace is de-installed and warehoused.

If any members of your ##SELECTION_END##knowledgeable network can give
me their opinions about this, that would be very helpful.

Yours sincerely,

Stephen Howe
Company Owner
SDI Fabsurplus Group