[labnetwork] Erbium sputtering

Chito Kendrick cekendri at mtu.edu
Wed Jun 21 22:33:54 EDT 2017

I have a user that is wanting to sputter Erbium. From a quick search
Erbium is pretty reactive with air and both our sputters are not load
locked and so the target would be coming up to atmosphere when
un/loading. Has anyone had experience with sputtering of Erbium and if
there will be issues? I have not talked to the user about what they want
to do exactly, but it sounds like they want to produce Er nanoparticles
in a silicon thin film.

Regards,

Chito Kendrick

--
Chito Kendrick Ph.D. <https://sites.google.com/site/chitokendrickphd/>

Managing Director of the Microfabrication Facility
Research Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Michigan Technological University
Room 436 M&M Building