[labnetwork] ZnO etch via ICP-RIE, impact to vacuum chamber?

Fouad Karouta fouad.karouta at anu.edu.au
Sun Nov 19 18:22:59 EST 2017

Hi Sherine,

Further to Craig remarks I wonder if the CF4/Ar is the right gas mixture to etch ZnO where the etch seems more physical upon your description then chemical. Note Zn fluoride is quite non-volatile. If you look in literature a more chemical etching of ZnO would use CH4-H2. However the latter needs to be alternated with short oxygen plasma to remove polymers formed during the CH4:H2 step.

Regards,
Fouad Karouta

Manager ANFF ACT Node
Australian National Fabrication Facility
Research School of Physics and Engineering
L. Huxley Building (#56), Mills Road, Room 4.02
Australian National University
ACT 0200, Canberra, Australia
Tel: + 61 2 6125 7174
Mob: + 61 451 046 412