[labnetwork] Oxford ICP helium backside cooling performance

smitha nair smithanair82 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 06:58:34 EST 2018

Hello Vincent,

We have two Oxford ICP RIE tools (No cryo cooling).

On both the tools we face issues with the Helium leak. Most of our users
have smaller sample sizes (manually cut), so we use cool grease to stick
them on the carrier wafer. The helium flow range acceptable is < 8sccm in
these tools and we do not accept anything beyond 10sccm. We address the
issue by an open chamber clean as most of the times we end up having cool
grease on the chuck.  Also if carrier wafer edges are rough or pin holes
present, leak is high and we would change the carrier wafer.

As you mentioned, is it possible to share the dwg file we could also give a
try with quartz wafers.

It would be great to know if these issues are more common to Oxford tool or
is it general?

Regards

Smitha Nair
Technology Manager
National Nanofabrication Centre (NNFC),
Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE),
Indian Institute of  Science (IISc),
Bangalore-560012.