[labnetwork] Helium leak rate on Oxford RIE

Luciani, Vincent (Fed) Vincent.Luciani at nist.gov
Thu Feb 22 16:15:58 EST 2018

Hello All,

Thanks for all the great feedback about the backside helium leak rate on the Oxford tools.  To sum up it sounds like most labs strive to keep it less than 10 sccm  and 6 -12 sccm is a typical range.  It is very helpful to see that what we observe is fairly typical.   We have one process that etches at -100 C with very high RF and ICP power that requires < 5 sccm.  We can get it there for this user but keeping it there is difficult.  For those who asked for the drawings of our modified quartz plate,  I will send that to you individually.   I plan to invest in some mechanical design engineering effort to make these cooled chucks perform better.  I'll share anything we come up with.

Thanks again,

Vince

Vincent K. Luciani
NanoFab Manager