[labnetwork] UGIM 2018 in Philadelphia - Final Announcement.

Noah Clay nclay at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Jun 18 11:55:15 EDT 2018

Dear All,

Here are few final considerations for UGIM 2018 in Philadelphia at the University of Pennsylvania:

1. The daily night-day temperature range will be 65-85F (18-30C) with relatively high humidity.  As is typical for the summer here, we expect 1-2 rainy days, so an umbrella is recommended.
2. Conference participants will receive a UGIM 2018 backpack with a luggage tag, a brochure, paper, pens, etc.
3. We are making final program tweaks, which are minimal.  Please see https://ugim.nano.upenn.edu/program/
4. Abstracts are posted on line as well, at the same link as above in #3.

Keynotes are confirmed:

1. Lloyd Whitman, from the Whitehouse, Office of Science and Technology Policy; https://www.linkedin.com/in/lloyd-whitman-32381312/
2. Prof. Jered Haun, UC Irvine; https://www.linkedin.com/in/jered-haun-59a0677/ <https://www.linkedin.com/in/jered-haun-59a0677/>
3. Donald Tennant, CNF, Cornell University; http://www.cnf.cornell.edu/cnf5_staff.taf?_function=detail&st_id=43&labUser= <http://www.cnf.cornell.edu/cnf5_staff.taf?_function=detail&st_id=43&labUser=>
4. Patrick Mahoney, CEO IEEE Global Spec; https://www.linkedin.com/in/pdmahoney/ <https://www.linkedin.com/in/pdmahoney/>
5. Robert Hamilton, Emeritus, Marvell Nano; http://citris-uc.org/nanolab-equipment-manager-robert-hamilton-receives-chancellors-outstanding-staff-award/ <http://citris-uc.org/nanolab-equipment-manager-robert-hamilton-receives-chancellors-outstanding-staff-award/>

Lastly, approximately one-third of our participants are from overseas, which is a tremendous milestone for this Symposium.

We’re very pleased with the program for this year’s conference and are hoping that you’ll join us in Philadelphia. I look forward to seeing you on June 24th, 2018!

Thank you,
Noah Clay

Noah Clay
Chair, UGIM 2018

Director, Quattrone Nanofabrication Facility
School of Engineering & Applied Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA

(215) 898-9308