[labnetwork] Burn-off arsenic using ALD

Noah Clay nclay at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Mar 13 16:03:45 EDT 2018

Hi Aju,

If I’m not mistaken, you’ll need hydrogen to reduce As and make it volatile so it pumps more efficiently out of your system.  Perhaps it desorbs from the InP surface at 300C, but without promoting the gas phase, I think it will condense elsewhere in your ALD or pumping system.

There are a number of wet chemical passivations for InP surfaces that are used for pre-ALD cleans.  If you’d like, please get in touch and I can share my experiences with you.

Best,
Noah