[labnetwork] Plating services

Price, Aimee price.798 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 31 15:54:22 EDT 2018

Lab Network colleagues,
Do you perform electroplating (specifically Au) in your facilities?  If not, do you send out or direct your users to any external services that do so?  Recommendations welcome, you can send directly to me if we aren't allowed to recommend specific companies to price.798 at osu.edu.

We have stayed away from a general use plating capability due to the low volumes that we'd have.  Additionally, we are not set up to deal with the cyanide based solutions in a single use setup, so we've disallowed that here.  Other options have been allowed, but I'm looking for a solution (pardon the pun, unintended) for my users who need Au or other plating.  We have plated Ag with not much success in the past. While it did in fact plate, it wasn't very uniform or high quality.

Thanks much.

Aimee Bross Price

Sr. Research Associate
The Ohio State University