[labnetwork] Uniformity issues with Brewer Cee 200X spin coater

Lino Eugene lino.eugene at uwaterloo.ca
Sun Sep 16 21:24:20 EDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

We have a Cee 200X spin coater, equipped with throttle valve and N2 diffusers, and are having hard time getting good uniformity on wafers. The best we can get is about 3% for a 3" wafer.

We have removed the dispenser plastic piece and have sealed the hole with tape at the bottom and the uniformity has dropped to 0.6% but it is not repeatable as the tape is not stiff enough and has some wrinkles. We suspect that the dispenser plastic piece (and the N2 diffusers?) creates air turbulence inside the spinner bowl and we plan to make a flat lid with no hole at the center.

We would to know if other owners of this spin coater have experienced similar issues. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Best,

Lino Eugene, P.Eng., Ph.D.,
Micro/nanofabrication process engineer
Quantum NanoFab