[labnetwork] ITO deposition

Matthew Oonk mwoonk at umich.edu
Thu Apr 11 08:13:55 EDT 2019

We are like everyone else:   we regularly deposit ITO in a shared system
(Lesker Lab-18 loadlock, 5 sources, turbo pumped tool.)       The best
"as-deposited" film in terms of transmission and resitivity is ~300C with a
tiny bit of O2 (2-4%)    Our sputter tool heats/cools so slowly that most
users just do 2.5% at room temp and either anneal it (if their substrate
allows) or live with the results as-deposited.    We do DC but when I
started up the tool 10 years ago I did RF and it was similar (our old
sputter tool we did RF.)

    Any amount of annealing helps the film - even a hotplate at 180C can
lower the resistivity.   Ours is a tiny bit O2 rich so 450C + FG RTP was
the best for us.

  -Matt
Matthew Oonk
Research Engineer