[labnetwork] MA6 lamp life

Mark Chiappa mark.chiappa at ntnu.no
Fri Jul 5 16:09:44 EDT 2019

Hi Youry,

I think the best routine will depend on the wattage of your system, frequency of use and of course the lamp manufacturer.  I have a 350W in our MA6 and we turn off the LPC at the end of each day as it may be several days until the next user (We have two MLA systems from Heidelberg).  When you switch the lamp off you lose ≈ 8hrs of lamp life.

The life time for our Osram lamps is stated as 650hrs, I change them after when they reach 600 hours.

1-      Off/On

2-      Change every ___ /  wait for the power to decrease by ___ % / wait for it to fail

3-      Every ___ month

 off

 650hrs

Kind regards