[labnetwork] MA6 lamp life

Beall, James A. (Fed) james.beall at nist.gov
Fri Jul 5 16:40:24 EDT 2019

We leave our MA6 on 24/7 and change the lamp (350W) every 650 hours. I think that was a manufacturer recommendation.
I was told long ago that turning the lamp off and on was the equivalent of 24 hours of lifetime.
Cold mirrors and parabolics are expensive and dealing with Hg cleanup after a lamp explosion is an issue to consider.

Best,

Jim
NIST Boulder Microfabrication Facility