[labnetwork] Argon in a BCl3 cylinder

Aebersold,Julia W. julia.aebersold at louisville.edu
Wed Jun 19 17:54:44 EDT 2019

Hi Sean.  I'm not sure if what I have to offer can help, but our cylinder is 100% BCL3 with no mixed argon.  We also have heat tape on all the gas delivery lines for it loves to condense at ambient temps.  We have noticed that during an oxygen plasma clean in the processing chamber using BCl3 that if the color is not a nice blue then we still have BCl3 trapped in the primary delivery gas line to the chamber.  If argon was injected into the cylinder then I would replace it for the concentration may be enough throw off the actual flow rate form your MFC.

Another tid bit is that we discovered after processing with BCl3 the photoresist chemistry changes and hardens and is extremely difficult to remove.  We are testing with Dyanstrip to see if that will remove the resist.

Cheers!

Julia Aebersold, Ph.D.

MNTC Cleanroom Manager

University of Louisville