[labnetwork] Argon in a BCl3 cylinder

Feargal Nolan feargal.nolan at tyndall.ie
Thu Jun 20 08:16:43 EDT 2019

Hi Sean,

We had a similar problem with SiCl4 but in our case it was charged with nitrogen.  On our system we were able to use the venturi on the gas panel to evacuate the N2 from the cylinder.  We ran several tests afterwards and we did not see any adverse effects in our process.

Regards

Feargal Nolan
Maintenance Manager
Tyndall National Institute