[labnetwork] Alternative to HMDS Based Spin-on Primer

Shu Xiang shux at ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 28 21:17:00 EDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I'm wondering if you have any suggestions for spin-on primer / adhesion
promoter as a substitute for HMDS vapor prime process.

We used to work with Microchem's MCC Primer 80/20, which is a dilute
solution of HMDS in PGMEA, but the company recently discontinued it. We
tried several alternatives including making our own version of the
solution, but none worked as well. The majority of resists we work with
that require priming are Microchem's AZ1500 and AZ12XT-20PL series.

If you have experience with or know of any similar alternatives that are
easily accessible from an U.S. distributor, please let me know.

Thank you,
--
Shu Xiang

Process Development Engineer / Area Safety Coordinator
Nano3 Cleanroom Facility <http://nano3.calit2.net/>
University of California, San Diego
shux at ucsd.edu  |  (858) 534-6678  |  Mailing Address
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSUYE8E-dA0analDfZFtiFa2GbxYP18Jp660wfysyXljcpAIzREdvu-427SXzjRsqfxkfm90_C3_HHM/pub>