[labnetwork] Ion Milling

Dennis Slafer dennis.slafer at microcontinuum.com
Wed May 22 17:00:47 EDT 2019

Hi Steve and Mac,

Thanks for the quick response to Tom's question (and thanks Tom!).

We are trying to etch 18nm of Ni on a 4-in silicon wafer that has a polymer
mask to define the areas from which we want to remove the Ni.  The mask is
a UV-cured polymer, and I was also wondering if you have a feel for the
relative rates of removal of the Ni vs the polymer mask.

Much thanks in advance--Dennis

+++++++++++++++++

Hi Tom,

At Harvard, we have an ion beam etcher.  What is the material to be etched?

Mac

Mac Hathaway

Senior Process and Systems Engineer

Harvard Center for Nanoscale Systems