[labnetwork] Gas exhaust

Shimon Eliav shimonel at savion.huji.ac.il
Wed Nov 6 12:42:07 EST 2019

Hi Shane,

We have two separate systems with separate vacuum pumps. The exhaust lines are separated.
For the PECVD the exhaust line is made of Stainless Steel. For the ICP-RIE it is made of PPS.
Both system are equipped with dry pumps. During process there is a N2 flow of 30 l/min going through the pumps, so it dilutes the waste gases going to exhaust. Both systems are running for more about ten years with no incident.

Regards,

Shimon
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The Unit for Nano Fabrication