[labnetwork] e-beam evaporation after e-beam lithography

Hathaway, Malcolm R hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 15 10:16:51 EST 2019

Hi Pradnya,

I'm not an expert in these areas, but a similar issue arose some time ago on labnetwork.  Your situation could be related to electron emissions from the evaporator melt re-exposing or affecting the e-beam resist during the e-beam evaporation run.  There are e-beam evaporator setups which incorporate an "electron filter" to sweep the electrons out of the deposition path, so they can't effect the e-beam resist.

Others will no doubt weigh in shortly, with more specific details.

Mac
Mac Hathaway
Senior Process and Systems Engineer
Harvard Center for Nanoscale Systems