[labnetwork] [ICP-RIE] low temperature pseudo-Bosch process

Gloria Qiu gloria.qiu at sydney.edu.au
Sun Apr 5 19:23:24 EDT 2020

Dear all,

We have received requests to run the pseudo-Bosch (SF6+C4F8) process at -5C to -50C on Oxford ICP-RIE 100s and I am very concerned because:

  *   Oxford suggests to run it at >5C since condensation might affect pumping speed;
  *   The C4F8 in the process might condense on the sample in low temperature;
  *   As I understand the cryogenic Si etch uses SF6+O2, not the C4F8.
I am wondering if you have any experience running this process in low temperatures, below zero degree in particular.

Any comment is appreciated.

Thank you & stay safe.

Best,

Gloria

Wenlan (Gloria) Qiu
Senior Process Engineer | Research & Prototype Foundry
Core Research Facilities | Research Portfolio

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Level 4, Sydney Nanoscience Hub A31 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
M +61 452 493328
E gloria.qiu at sydney.edu.au<mailto:gloria.qiu at sydney.edu.au>  | W Research and Prototype Foundry<https://sydney.edu.au/research/facilities/research-and-prototype-foundry.html>

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential.  Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.