[labnetwork] Starting Back Up

Albert William (Bill) Flounders bill_flounders at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 21 18:13:52 EDT 2020

Colleagues,
I have been intentionally slow to respond to this inquiry.
The Berkeley NanoLab's present stance is that our city, county, and state
imposed some
of the earliest shelter in place orders in the country, and we continue to
follow them.
We do not yet have a schedule or standard defined for return to research
operations.

Split shifts, alternate days, maintain distance, caution with shared PPE,
etc.
I do not have any bullet points to share that haven't already been
considered.
Though I don't have a unique insight to the common challenges we face,
I found Sandrine Martin's (U Michigan) reply with a plan for staged return
to operations quite constructive and similar to our evolving strategy.

Each of us needs to define our stages and what the measures and timing are
associated with each stage.
This will be a thoughtful and gradual process, with some components unique
to our specific operations,
and with the possibility of having to come to full stop again, at any time.

We will get through this.
My best to all,
Bill

Bill Flounders, Ph.D.

Executive Director

Berkeley Marvell Nanofabrication Laboratory
http://nanolab.berkeley.edu/