[labnetwork] Sputtering of MgF2

Tim Gilheart gilheart at rice.edu
Thu Jun 11 15:12:48 EDT 2020

We also had a user depositing MgF2 routinely in our e-beam evaporator. Before letting them use this material, we completed a safety/process review together and confirmed that we didn’t anticipate any problems.

It did not subsequently create any special issues for us on our general purpose tool, which routinely supports dielectric and magnetic materials.

No idea about sputtering it; you may also want to consult your tool vendor in case they have a process expert who can help you.

Best of luck,

--
Tim Gilheart, Ph.D.
Research Scientist - Nanofabrication Cleanroom Manager,
Cell: 832-341-5488 | Office: 713-348-3159 | gilheart at rice.edu