[labnetwork] UV cleaning/sterilization of safety glasses, labware etc

Martin Euredjian martin at algoshift.com
Mon Jun 22 16:24:46 EDT 2020

We've been working with a range of disinfection technologies for other
applications (robotic disinfection systems).

The main point I want to communicate is simple:  Avoid exposure to UV-C.

Frankly, I don't understand why sales of UV-C wands to the general public
are allowed, the stuff is dangerous without training and the proper
safeguards.  Unless you have a very specific use case, I would avoid wands.

Here's a document that does a good job of covering the issues:

https://case.edu/ehs/sites/case.edu.ehs/files/2018-02/UVsafety.pdf

    -Martin