[labnetwork] COVID-19 Plans?

Jasper Nijdam Jasper.Nijdam at georgetown.edu
Sat Mar 14 17:19:58 EDT 2020

Heho All,

Thanks for sharing all the tips.

However, after going virtual for teaching for the remainder of the
semester, Georgetown is putting in effect social distancing for all members
of our community. I'm summarizing a bunch of policy documents here in a few
words, but the point is that there will be no more gatherings of Georgetown
folks, on and off campus. This includes shutting down on-campus research
(with a very few exceptions for our animal facilities - we can't let the
animals starve). They're still working on the details so policy statements
are flying around as we speak.

So, with a heavily heart, we've put GNuLab in hibernation.

My advise to you is to prepare for the same for your labs, and to prepare
for faculty who strongly disagree.

These are extraordinary times. Our leadership must be willing to take
actions for public health reasons first and work on the mitigation later.
It is understandable that this ruffles many feathers, but we must practice
empathy and kindness to all.

Hang in there, it's a bumpy ride.

--
Jasper Nijdam
Technical Manager GNuLab, Georgetown University