[labnetwork] Angstrom Engineering

Youry Borisenkov yb2471 at columbia.edu
Thu Mar 19 19:08:01 EDT 2020

Dear Neal,
We have 2 angstrom tools in our cleanroom
http://cni.columbia.edu/equipment-list
1. I’m not sure about the chamber type, I was not present during the
purchasing process. One of the tools has e-beam, sputter, thermal and
plasma pre-deposition clean capabilities. The other is a low (10^-9 torr)
vacuum e-beam. Both are used for liftoff including pmma. We did have few
issues of pmma blistering during Pt deposition but it was resolved after
adjusting the beam sweep parameters.
2. The customer service is excellent. Very responsive and helpful.
3. Both of our tools have different GUIs (one is newer than the other) but
both do a great job. Most users don’t even look into the chamber during
deposition and I can not recall the last time we had a problem. We do have
a procedure of weekly chamber maintenance where the crucibles are checked
and filled.

Best,
Youry