[labnetwork] Equipment budget

Nava Ariel-Sternberg na2661 at columbia.edu
Tue Oct 6 12:03:44 EDT 2020

Dear all,

I hope everyone is safe in your corner of the world.

We've had some discussions in Columbia about funding for equipment purchases
and as always it would be great to know what models exist elsewhere.

Where is funding for new or replacement of equipment coming from in your
facilities? Is it from PI grants? A separate university budget? Other
grants?

Do PIs purchase equipment and place it in shared labs?

If you can share what is done in your facility and the financial model
behind it that would be highly appreciated!

Stay safe,

Nava

Nava Ariel-Sternberg, Ph.D.

Director of CNI Shared Labs