[labnetwork] Toxic Gases tubing

Kamal Yadav kamal.yadav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 12:43:05 EDT 2020

Dear All,

We will be installing SS gas tubing for Cl2, BCl3, HBr, SiH4.

I have some experience in how industry does it, but wanted to know how
different universities do this. From some prior posts, I got to know
University of Michigan has co-axial tubing for all these gases and every
connector location for these gases is exhausted as well at their facility

My queries are:
1. Is this how most of the Universities do it or there are places where
these gases are in single tubing [non co-axial or double contained].
2. Also if you do orbital welding or just bending of the tubes?

I have been informed it is based on the fire code of the city or county,
but it's not apparent from those documents.

Thanks for your help.

Kamal