[labnetwork] ZEP worth it?

Chang, Long lvchang at Central.UH.EDU
Fri Apr 30 11:29:22 EDT 2021

Thanks Everyone. It’s clear what I should do.

Long

On Apr 30, 2021, at 6:08 AM, Lapointe, Jean <Jean.Lapointe at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca<mailto:Jean.Lapointe at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>> wrote:

Hi Long,

It does last for years, about the same as PMMA as far as I can tell. We just finished a bottle with a 2016 expiry and saw no change after opening a new bottle.
It was stored at room T.
It can withstands plasma etching much better than PMMA but doesn’t have as good an adhesion to semiconductors. So it is not a good mask for wet etching semiconductors.
It works very well for lift-off.
It is expensive but can easily be diluted to get thinner films.
It can also be developed in N-amyl acetate; much safer than xylene and with the same contrast and dose-to-clear.
Jean

From: labnetwork [mailto:labnetwork-bounces at mtl.mit.edu] On Behalf Of Chang, Long
Sent: April 29, 2021 10:29 AM
To: labnetwork at mtl.mit.edu<mailto:labnetwork at mtl.mit.edu>
Subject: [labnetwork] ZEP worth it?

***ATTENTION*** This email originated from outside of the NRC. ***ATTENTION*** Ce courriel provient de l'extérieur du CNRC

Hi Guys,

I have no experience with ZEP, but the data sheet suggest a critical dose of ~35 uC/cm2, approximately 1/10 of PMMA. What are the problems with ZEP and under what conditions is it worth the cost? Does it last forever in storage like PMMA?

Thanks,
Long