[labnetwork] Dry pumps on ALD systems?

Mac Hathaway hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 8 13:56:11 EDT 2021

Hello Folks,

I'm wondering: how many of you have tried a dry pump on your ALD system?

If you have, how did it work out?

If you could supply the following details, that would be great:

ALD system model;

Dry pump model and CFM;

How long it's been running that way;

Any issues you've run in to.

For background, we have long been working under the assumption that, due
to the reactive nature of the ALD precursors, and the abrasive nature of
the effluent, PFPE-base wet pumps are the way to go.  However, we grow
tired of dealing with pump oil and associated issues, and we're using
dry pumps successfully elsewhere in the fab...

Thanks!

Mac

--

Mac Hathaway