[labnetwork] Cambridge/Ultratech/Veeco Savannah ALD - stop valve issues?

James Mitchell jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 31 08:42:01 EDT 2021

Are you referring to the pulse valves or a different valve?
Our Fiji just started leaking yesterday but I believe it is the plasma tube.
If you are referring to the pulse valves, I run water pulses through the
manifold in between each run.
I run a 10 cycle loop of 1 second pulses to clean up the manifold.

Jim

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 7:53 AM Hathaway, Malcolm R <
hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Yes, this issue is endemic to these units, as all the deposition gases
> pass over the sealing surfaces of the valve under normal operating
> conditions.
>
> One solution is to maintain a stock of the appropriate (but expensive)
> Kalrez-type orings, and do a valve sealing-face cleanup at intervals.
> Eventually, however, you will find that deposition has encrusted the
> interior of the valve bellows, rendering it much less flexible than
> original equipment.
>
> I am happy to share with you via PM some plumbing "rearrangements" that we
> have instituted which seem to have helped this problem greatly.
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Mac Hathaway
> Senior Process and Systems Engineer
> Harvard CNS

*James Mitchell*
*Specialty Trades Technician*
*Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering*
*NCSU Nanofabrication Facility*
*MRC RM243A **Box 7911*
*2410 Campus Shore Dr., Raleigh, NC 27606*
*jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu* <jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu>
*Desk: 919-515-5394*
*Cell: 919-717-7325*