[labnetwork] HSQ Alternatives

Mark K Mondol mondol at mit.edu
Thu May 6 16:47:17 EDT 2021

Long:

Mike Rooks will probably also chime in with better information than I have, but LN2 freezing has worked really well for me and is reasonably convenient for me as I already have LN2 dewars in my lab for other reasons. I bought a big dewar that holds racks of cryo tubes (Chart MVE CryoSystem4000Cryogenic about $3,800 with wheels) that makes it easy to store. The hold time when about 1/3 filled so that the HSQ is not actually immersed in liquid is >6weeks, probably much more.

One way of reducing cost is to order the 6% HSQ and dilute it with Dow MIBK which is very expensive but has worked well for me ( $420/500ml -

DC MIBK RINSE SOLVENT 500 ML) which should be available from your HSQ distributor.

Regards,

Mark K Mondol

Mark K Mondol
Assistant Director NanoStructures Laboratory
And
Facility Manager Scanning Electron Beam Lithography Facility
Bldg 36 Room 229
 mondol at mit.edu
office - 617-253-9617
cell - 617-224-8756