[labnetwork] Refill ALD Cylinders

Matthew Moneck mmoneck at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 21 21:57:46 EDT 2022

Hi Tony,

We have had good experience refilling cylinders with Strem.  As Eric
mentioned, there is a cleaning fee that can make the cost of a new cylinder
either similar or cheaper.  However, we were asked by our EHS Office to
pursue the refill route because as it turned out, it was more expensive to
properly dispose of used cylinders with a hazardous waste vendor than it is
to clean and refill.

Best Regards,

Matt

--

*Matthew T. Moneck, Ph.D*

Executive Director, Claire & John Bertucci Nanotechnology Laboratory

Electrical & Computer Engineering | Carnegie Mellon University

5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890

Phone:  412-268-5430

ece.cmu.edu <http://www.ece.cmu.edu/>

nanofab.ece.cmu.edu <http://www.nanofab.ece.cmu.edu/>