[labnetwork] Lantanum evaporation

Michael Yakimov yakimom at sunypoly.edu
Fri Aug 19 09:59:29 EDT 2022

Are there commercially available SiC crucibles for e-beam? Never heard of those, and nothing at my usual suspects (Kamis, Lesker, Thermionics) nor on the first page of Google.
And there is certainly carbide formation in Al+SiC system at temperatures used for evaporation.
Iseki, T., Kameda, T. & Maruyama, T. Interfacial reactions between SiC and aluminium during joining. J Mater Sci 19, 1692–1698 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00563067