[labnetwork] Drytek Dry Pumps

Mark Weiler mweiler at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jul 29 14:18:55 EDT 2022

Hi Dave,

We have a Drytek PS-80 pump that was backing our Versaline ICP Etcher and running BCl3 process gas for many years.  When it needed maintenance in 2016 we replaced it with an Edwards QDP-80, and it is now waiting for the day that it can return to pumping of the Versaline.  As far as performance I would rate the Edwards QDP and Drytek PS series comparable, but as far as ambient noise, I think the Drytek runs with less dB and also uses a little less N2.

Two pennies...

Best Regards,

Mark

Mark Weiler