[labnetwork] Honeywell MST Sensors

Mark Chiappa mark.chiappa at ntnu.no
Wed Jun 15 09:04:06 EDT 2022

Hi Hadi,

Here at NTNU NanoLab we had the same issue.  I decided to give the company in Bonn a try.  I didn´t feel I could defend knowingly having sensors in that were beyond their projected life cycle if something were to happen.  So far we have had no issues.  We installed them and calibrated with test gas.  The only concern I have is the lifetime, the replacements from the alternate supplier in some instances are slightly shorter than the Honeywell MSTs.  This is related to a patent on a particular electrolyte, they informed us that from the end of next year all their sensors will have the same lifecycle as Honeywell.  For us that issue was for SiH4 and B2H6.  There are other sensors in their range with the same issue (see table below)

[cidimage001.png at 01D82A32.AC76FC40]
The Hydride sensors have the organic electrolyte with a life time of 6-8 month. The Hydride sensors with the ion electrolyte (Life Time 12-24 month) will be available by end of 2023. Honeywell has a patent on the ion electrolyte.

Kind regards
Mark

Mark Chiappa
Senior Engineer