[labnetwork] Honeywell MST Sensors

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Wed Jun 15 09:07:56 EDT 2022

Hadi,

We moved away from the MST sensors years ago as we didn't like the fact
that they weren't extractive, and at the same time we moved away from the
LonWorks operating system to a PLC based system.  We're now using an
extractive tape (Vertex) and extractive electrochemical (Midas) sensors
(both from Honeywell), and we've had the same procurement issues you're
seeing on the MST sensors with our Midas sensors.  We just had a delivery
of our LEL sensors pushed out from 30 days to 60 days, and though it's not
as big as the delay you're seeing, it's definitely not what we
were expecting, or had experienced earlier.

As others have already mentioned, any of the alternative solutions come
with their own drawbacks in timing, reliability, and implementation cost.
Until our supply chain issues start to clear up, I believe this is going to
be the new normal...

Dennis Schweiger
Facilities Supervisor
University of Michigan/LNF