[labnetwork] Is Nitrogen Generator a Viable Option

Collins, Deon deonc69 at illinois.edu
Thu May 26 09:09:10 EDT 2022

We have N2 supply via a generator. We supply both High purity and Ultra High purity N2 to our labs. The installation of an N2 generator will greatly reduce you LN2 cost but will have a large upfront cost as we have 2 N2 delivery(hard piping) structures in place. I would have to go through some historical data that is decades old to get you numbers but a it all depends on use. Best guess is a couple years out on ROI but it is a no brainer if you are a heavy N2 user.

Deon D. Collins

FACILITY MANAGER
Holonyak Lab
208 N Wright St Rm. 248 | 2250
Urbana, IL 61801
217-300-7531 | deonc69 at illinois.edu<mailto:deonc69 at illinois.edu>

[https://webtools.illinois.edu/webservices/js/ds/signature_logo.png]<http://illinois.edu/>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.

Life is not about watching other people live it. It's about you living your own!