[labnetwork] Is Nitrogen Generator a Viable Option

John Boyle johnboyle at fast.net
Thu May 26 13:04:34 EDT 2022

I worked in the industrial gas industry for 25 years and Nitrogen generators
are a reliable source of nitrogen for many customers. Usually Nitrogen
generators can provide a range of purity suitable for most industrial
applications..the purity usually is higher when the unit is operated at
lower flow and purity is lower at higher flow rates. For UHP applications
you would likely need an add on purifier to remove O2, H20. If your UHP
process is sensitive to other contaminants (CO,CO2, THC) there are some
purifiers to remove these as well. There are two main types to
consider----membrane based units and adsorbent bed units.

A Nitrogen generator will not provide Liquid N2 and so any operations that
require cryogenic temperatures that LIN provides would not be amenable to
generated N2.

John Boyle

John Boyle Consulting, LLC

4848 Canterbury Drive