[labnetwork] Microfabrication class

Philipp Altpeter philipp.altpeter at physik.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Oct 11 04:02:11 EDT 2022

Dear Sergi,

One of the simplest devices that could be fabricated within a
microfabrication class would be a metal, thin film temperature sensor:
etching a meander in a thin metal film such as Aluminum (involving thin
film deposition, photolithography and wet etching or lift-off), bonding
the device in a chip carrier and measure it on a hot plate. Very simple,
very straight forward, you start with a (piece of) Wafer and end up with
a somewhat functional device.

Best,

Philipp

Am 07.10.2022 um 19:39 schrieb Sergi Lendinez:

> Dear labnetwork community,
>
> Here at LSU we are planning to start a microfabrication class soon,
> and I would like to ask for your opinions about setting up this kind
> of class at a university. I am not sure if this topic has been
> discussed here before, so I apologize for any possible duplication.
>

> Any information would be very helpful, like do's and don't's, devices
> being fabricated, number of students, students/teacher ratio, course
> load, etc.
>

> I'd like to fabricate some CMOS device, but we lack some critical
> equipment such as a diffusion tube furnace, cvd, or packaging tools,
> so I'm looking for alternate ideas: maybe a photodiode/detector, a
> Hall sensor or some micro-fluidic channels. If anyone has some
> experience fabricating these devices in a class setup, is there
> anything you'd be willing to share?
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Sergi
>
> *---***
>
> *Sergi Lendinez, Ph. D.*
> Assistant Director NFF | Louisiana State University
>
> Center for Advanced Microstructures and Devices (CAMD)
>
> 6980 Hefferson Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
> (225) 578-9378
>
> sergilendi at lsu.edu<mailto:sergilendi at lsu.edu>|
> *lsu.edu/nanofabrication*<https://lsu.edu/nanofabrication>

Philipp Altpeter