[labnetwork] PRS-2000 replacment

Michael Yakimov yakimom at sunypoly.edu
Fri Sep 23 20:49:39 EDT 2022

Depends on your materials.
1165 and AZ Kwik Strip are two things I used

PRS-2000 principal components are NMP and Sulpholane.
1165 recommended above is a (relatively) pure NMP, and it will work - a bit worse, though. Sulpholane is expensive, and probably the cause of the shortage
I vaguely remember a few more NMP based cleaners - including pure NMP sold as a chemical.

NMP has a habit of absorbing water and causing galvanic corrosion, especially for III-V contact lift-off if left exposed to air for a while. Not sure if adding sulpholane mitigates it. Generally not a problem for Silicon process.
AZ Kwik Strip is (was?) a sulpholane-based, marketed as "III-V safe" stripper.
No SDS for SVC-14 - as usual,  Microchem / Kayaku are very bad at that, I should say - but seems like vanilla NMP as well. Disregard "safe for everything!!" overselling datasheet

Gensolve is a family of many chemicals, mostly non-disclosed "non-hazardous" composition, including some mixtures that shouldn't be brought into the cleanroom (NaOH). I would stay away as you cannot be sure it wouldn't kill your wafers regardless of vendor statements. Looks like an upsold family of machine shop cleaners.  Limonene, as a wild guess.

Mike