[labnetwork] Question: adhesion of metal to BPDA/PPD polyimide

Beaudoin, Mario beaudoin at physics.ubc.ca
Wed Feb 1 14:07:43 EST 2023

Dear Networkers,

I'm new to polyimide processing.  We have a student project that
requires deposition of metal on polyimide (BPDA/PPD PI-2600 series from
HD microsystems).  We tried liftoff with depositon of Ti/Pt by Ebeam.
Despite a 1min O2 plasma, albeit at low power, the metal was peeling
off.  Moreover, the photoresist was also peeling off from the
polyimide.  Does anyone have a good working recipe for metalization of
polyimide?

Thanks,

Mario