[labnetwork] Scammers operating out of New York

Stephen Howe info at fabsurplus.com
Thu Jul 6 09:22:10 EDT 2023

Dear Lab Network,

Hope you are all well.

As an FYI, please be aware that there is a gang of internet based
fraudsters operating in your area.
They are targetting such sectors as Semiconductor, healthcare, machine-
tooling and other high tech areas.
The way they work is they advertise tools which really exist in the
market place, which they don't own. When you send them a payment, they
just pocket the money via mule bank accounts and move on.
They are able to do this due to they are well protected by banking
privacy laws.
They have been operating since 2018 in the semiconductor sector. I have
advised the FBI repeatedly about many specific criminal activities of
this group, but the FBI did not take any actions to my knowledge ,
hence these individuals continue to operate scam companies and continue
to rip off businesses and individuals in the New York , Mid-West and
New England area.
So, due to this alarming development, before you purchase any used
semiconductor equipment or spare parts, it is necessary to check
physically the machinery and confirm the ownership before to proceed to
purchase it.
I attach one news article published in internet about these scammers
from 2019 (They continue to operate freely in USA. ).

I had to shut down my operations in the USA due to I was defrauded by
these people.

My opinion is that law enforcement in the USA needs to do something to
shut down these people's scam operations, which are damaging the
reputation of the New York area across the world.

Yours sincerely,

SDI Fabsurplus Italia SRL
Stephen Howe
Company Owner
email: info at fabsurplus.com
Mobile (Italy) : +39 335-710-7756
WWW.FABSURPLUS.COM
Your Marketplace for Used Semiconductor Equipment