[labnetwork] TMAH alternatives

Michael Yakimov yakimom at sunypoly.edu
Thu Jun 15 18:30:32 EDT 2023

Is there any real safety information on these substitutes, or it's just that they are not as common as TMAH hence not regulated?  I cannot find as much as a proper SDS on any of these.
Remember, TMAH was considered pretty benign until 2005-2010ish when 3 fatal accidents were brought up (hence quoted 75% mortality - 3 out of 4 for major exposure. Along with 20 minor chemical burns in the same dataset). Even then TMAH is a low priority for toxicological research with mostly anecdotal evidence...

Mike

Michael Yakimov

Research scientist

College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering

SUNY Polytechnic Institute

253 Fuller rd.

Albany NY 12203

Phone: 518-437-8609 lab