[labnetwork] Suss MA6 Question

James Mitchell jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 22 14:29:39 EDT 2023

Lamp power supply will not turn on after lamp failure.
We had a lamp (350 W) pop on our system.
Cleaned up and installed a new lamp.
When we start the power supply the breaker in the back of the system trips.
Specifically, it trips when we press CP. System starts at STAND-BY.
Press "ON" and the display shows "READY". Press CP and it displays
"Wait..." for a second and then trips.
We checked for shorts and all looked good. We swapped to the other 220 Volt
plug in the back and it trips as well.
Any ideas on this? We are not sure if the start box or the supply itself is
the issue.

*Thank you, Jim*

*James Mitchell*
*Specialty Trades Technician*
*Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering*
*North Carolina State University Nanofabrication Facility (NNF)*
*MRC RM243A **Box 7911*
*2410 Campus Shore Dr., Raleigh, NC 27606*
*jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu* <jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu>
*Desk: 919-515-5394*
*Cell: 919-717-7325*