[labnetwork] High footfall in the cleanroom

Savitha P savithap at iisc.ac.in
Wed Jan 3 23:44:14 EST 2024

Dear All:

Thank you for your suggestions. We had a detailed discussion with our facility engineers regarding the maximum number of occupants allowed at a time. This number is determined by design considerations, including humidity, heat load, and air change requirements (total HVAC design).

To ensure safety, we have a booking system for tools, and biometric entry is only allowed for individuals who pass the safety test. We also offer a lower cost for tool usage during the night and early morning hours. However, we are experiencing an issue as the number of tools is higher than previously anticipated, with training slots bringing in more people.

To address this, we are considering staggering staff hours to distribute dependent users throughout the day. Additionally, we are looking into making the biometric entry points restrict the number of users allowed inside. We will also consider a teaching fab that separates research and industrial users.

Thank you, Mark, for sharing your fond memories of your previous visit to IISc. We have undergone significant changes since then, and a new visit will provide a completely different experience.

Regards,
Savitha

PA