[labnetwork] Forming gas: 5% or 10% hydrogen

John Boyle johnboyle at fast.net
Fri Mar 1 09:06:28 EST 2024

Most industrial gas suppliers are reluctant to go above 5% H2 in N2 as this is the threshold where the mix can become flammable. If the process can tolerate <=5% H2 in N2 then that is a preferred supply option. Now, the same gas suppliers have no problem supplying 100% H2 but then 100% H2 is shipped, stored and used under a set of codes and standards that are specific to the flammability issues with 100% H2.

John

John Boyle

John Boyle Consulting, LLC

4848 Canterbury Drive