[labnetwork] Forming gas: 5% or 10% hydrogen

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Fri Mar 1 05:36:01 EST 2024

Mario,

good morning.  Here at the University of Michigan/LNF we use a
5%H2/Nitrogen mix wherever we need forming gas.  We had one application
that was using 2%, however that tool has gone off-line and that gas mix was
removed.  Our EHS group has capped us at 5% for not needing any type of H2
detection in case there is a leak.  So far, i've heard of no complaints
that we need either more, or less, H2 in the mix, or that we need to switch
to another carrier gas.

Thanks,

Dennis

734.647.2055 Ofc

"People can be divided into 3 groups - those that make things happen, those
that watch things happen, and those that wonder what happened."  Within
which group do you belong?