[labnetwork] New fab questions: Bottle washer, QDR w/o SRD, blanket expose

James Renzas rrenzas at unr.edu
Fri Mar 1 16:50:18 EST 2024

Hi everybody,

Three questions for smaller fabs:

  1.
Do you find a bottle washer to be necessary? We have a bio area with (probably) an autoclave...is that adequate? Not something I've dealt with before.
  2.
QDR: I have an opportunity to upgrade one hood to have a QDR (acid hood, I'm thinking), but likely can't afford SRD presently. Is it too silly to have people using an N2 gun after the QDR?
  3.
Blanket exposure tools: any recommendations, are these helpful? We have an old used aligner and a uMLA on order.  Doubt we'll be throughput limited.

I have another 100 questions too, all the exciting little things like gas cylinder pricing and when I can get away with filtered CDA vs. house N2 vs process (cylinder local) N2, and thoughts on how to set up glassware cleaning station, and recommendations for plastic dishes for HF for 4" wafers...UGIM can't come soon enough!

Russ

Russ Renzas, Ph.D.
Director, Davidson Foundation Cleanroom
College of Engineering